Friday, May 4, 2007

A Walk Through Downtown Birmingham

Did you know that Birmingham supposedly has more canals than Venice? This city was once the centre of the Industrial Revolution and they used canals to transport materials all over the city. We were going to take a boat ride, but it was cold and we didn't feel like being outside much (I bought some long johns at the market to keep me warm under all my summer clothes!)

This is the City council building. This was right beside the Birmingham museum and art gallery we visited.


I had some troubles to understanding people's accents. I couldn't even hardly order a coffee! It was quite funny. Apparantly the Birmingham accent is especially hard.


Heather, I figured out that the smell here really reminds me of Australia (specifically the Epp's house reminds me of yours in Australia). I kept having the feeling that I'd been here before, till I realized it was the feeling of being at your place (the air, the house, the trees, even the feel of the neighborhood)

No comments: