Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Expensive Sandwich

I got on the plane in Calgary expecting all our travel plans to work out nicely--I should know better. ha ha Connie, as everybody else was groaning on the plane, I thought of you and started chucking when the captain came on and said there was a delay because of some security clearance needed. We sat on the plane in Calgary for 1hr 45min before the plane took off...I thought we were going to miss our bus in London for sure. Hey, that's part of my adventures in life. But Grace and I made it just in time (nothing like running to catch a bus to start out a trip right!)

We met Susannah just fine in London (the airline lost her bags in Atlanta so she'll get them on Friday) --goodness! Waiting for our bus, Susannah and I were really hungry so we got a sandwich from a little convenience store....we didn't pay much attention until we figured out we payed $7 for a little sandwich. oops--yes, things are generally expensive but we won't do that again!

London is beautiful, brick houses all crammed together and people hustling and bustling all over the place. It was beautiful weather...21 degrees today.

We took a bus to Birmingham, where Saralee's dad picked us up from the station. They live in a beautiful 3-story brick house. Mrs. Epp had supper ready for us (bless her heart!) and we enjoyed good company. We went for a walk after supper and looked at all the interesting architecture (sorry no pictures yet). It smells so good here, the air is moist and there are SO many beautiful trees and flowers (kind of like BC)

The room I'm staying in is on the top floor with a sloped roof and a big sky-light....I can lay and look at the stars! I feel tired now, but managed to stay up all day. I should sleep well and that's where I'm headed.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hi Yvonne!
I'm glad to hear it all worked out to meet Suzanne. Have fun!