Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fun times in Greece

CorinthCorinth
The ocean!


Today we went to the beach in Greece...it was beautiful! The water is my favorite color (turquoise). It was quite warm too. I also looked for rocks and found some cool ones to bring home.



Yesterday it was raining a bit and I slipped on the sidewalk, my feet flew totally out from under me...and this big old Greek guy totally caught me. It was so funny...and embarassing! I said "signome" in my best greek (excuse me) and ran back to the centre with a red face!


Yesterday we had the craziest experience on the train going home from the refugee centre. The UEFA Champions league game was being held here in Athens. It was Liverpool vs. Milan. There were SO many fans...we were packed onto the train with a bunch of Liverpool fans, being crammed into the train by the crowds. Somebody stepped on my sandal and broke it! (but I fixed it so I didn't have to walk home barefoot). Where we get off is near the football stadium so it was BUSY. The stations had riot police and tons of security. Everybody on train was wearing red and drinking and singing and going crazy. I've had those chants stuck in my head ever since. It was a pretty fun experience all in all, besides feeling like being in a sauna for an hour on the train! I always wanted to experience a European football game, I think this counts, even if I wasn't at the actual game.


We had butter garlic shrimp for supper yesterday...yum! Robbie and I cut and de-veined shrimp for about an hour...it was a pretty gross/messy job. I don't think I ever want to work at a shrimp factory. I like it when they come as a shrimp ring!!



1 comment:

Allison said...

You know... Jumping into some other guys arms while on a mission trip is what got Paul and I married!!!! :) he he
I guess it was different circumstances and all... I didn't slip and fall in the rain, me landing in the other guys arms was voluntary. Hmm I guess you are safe then... It sounds like you are having a blast! I'm a little jealous :) I have been to france twice now and spent under 12 hours total in Paris! Maybe one day I'll get to see the Eiffel tower at night all lit up like that... *sigh*
Have fun! maybe I'll see you in the summer. Wanna go to Ikea with me? :)