Thursday, May 3, 2007

For All You Pride and Prejudice Lovers....


Today one of my dreams came true...I felt like I was Miss Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice when we went to visit "Pemberley" and I must say, "I've never seen a place so happily situated!" It is actually called Chatsworth House and it is in the Peak District of Derbyshire. BEAUTIFUL countryside...I can't even describe it. It was so relaxing, peaceful, romantic, and serene. It was a 2 hour drive from the Epp's, we packed a picnic lunch and spent the day walking through the house and the grounds. The gardens were quite amazing. We drove back and enjoyed fish and chippy's for supper! yumm...

The front view of the house



The library

Susannah


In the garden

Sitting among the bluebells

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen Pride and Prejudice, but I have seen Bride and Prejudice, and it's hilarious!

Jamiedelweiss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
YVONNE said...

Sorry for whose comment I deleted. I didn't mean to...it was a mistake and it doesn't let you undo it.